Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflection

Look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you'll never know me - 
Every day it's as if I play a part.
Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I can not fool my heart.

Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?
When will me reflection show who I am inside?

I am now in a world where I have to hide my heart, and what I believe in.
But somehow I will show the world what's inside my heart, and be loved for who I am.

Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm someone else for all time?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

There's a heart that must be free to fly, that burns with a need to know the reason why.

Why must we all conceal what we think, how we feel?
Must there be a secret me I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm someone else for all time,
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Hear this song by Christina Aguilera from the Disney movie Mulan [1998] 

PS - it's probably better that you just listen, unless you want to have a good laugh - Christina was so VERY dramatic back then (I guess I can forgive her because her voice ROCKS!)

Or there's the movie version of the song by the fabulous Lea Salonga, which I like even more than Xtina's version because it's just a little bit more 'true'.

1 Friends sharing the love xx:

Bella said...

Was just vamping up my ipod with all my favourite music, (in warm-up, giddy-up and cool-down playlists) and the words of this song just struck a chord with me. It seems quite appropriate for the stage i'm at in my journey.

If any readers are as big a fan of disney movies as I am, they may pick it... let's see...