Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to Work

So i'm back at work, the kids are back at school, i'm back to running backwards and forwards from my job, to school, to the babysitters, back to work, back to the babysitters... you get the idea...

The gym room hasn't eventuated yet, and i'm definately not cracking on the exercise front, but i'm trying to do a little bit every day.

I figure what i've been doing in the past obviously isn't working, so every change that I make (no matter how small) has to help me sort out what will make a difference.

At this point it's hour by hour... I try to start each hour fresh and forgive myself if I wasn't so good the last hour, and tell myself that my past decisions don't have to effect my future... Airy fairy? Perhaps, but it seems to be helping me :)

They say it takes 30 days to change a habit, and that's my motivation to keep at it. Hopefully i'll eventually make it a day by day prospect, then a month by month prospect and by the time I get to a yearly breakdown of my life, I reckon i'll be pretty darn happy with the way it's going (and I can't WAIT for that day!)

So here's to small changes and big hearts, and to all you girls out there who share your stories and allow the rest of us to remember that even the success stories started out in another place entirely.



xx's from Bella

**I weighed myself last night and was 124.6kg, a nice little loss to go along with my nice new attitude!**

4 Friends sharing the love xx:

Kathryn said...

That's a great thought. It's easy to swept up in making huge, unsubstainable changes but it's the small ones that count.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow...well done on your massive loss.. thats gotta help, right???
It is hard to get back on track..but if you look at the smaller picture it helps... I need to do the same thing..

Sparkler said...

I needed to hear that right now...trying hard to get ontop of the head hunger that rules my life...emotional eating sux! Doing well since Saturday, but everyday over is like a trial gone through and it's getting me down, but your post really cheered me up. xx

Kada said...

Little changes do matter. One snowflake after another eventually becomes a huge drift. And one little sound in the right place can cause an avalanche.

Good on you for making small, positive changes. Am sure it'll lead to big things in the future!

Congrats on the weight loss. :)